2022 Western Mass. Freeze-Out
January 14-17, 2022
Please join the Amherst Hockey Association (AHA) for the USA Hockey sanctioned, annual Western Mass. Freeze-Out. This is a 10U Red (A/ new Tier III), White (B/ new Tier IV), and Blue (C/ new Tier V) Division tournament. No select teams are allowed. Submitted rosters should be consistent with your USA Hockey rosters and cannot be changed without prior permission from the Tournament Directors to ensure a fair and competitive tournament. For more information on tournament rules, please click the link below.
Mullins Center Main Arena and Community Rink
(Home of the 2021 NCAA Division 1 champions UMass Amherst)
200 Commonwealth Ave., Amherst, MA 01003
- A three-game guarantee for all teams
- Player of the game award
- Team trophy for tournament champions and runners-up
- Excellent local hotel and restaurant choices
- Special access / tickets to the Springfield Thunderbirds AHL on Friday Jan. 14th and Saturday Jan. 15th
- Lots of local activities (college sports, movies, bowling, rock-climbing, arts & museums)
Accommodations for the 2022 Western MA Freeze-Out is coming soon!
This tournament fills up quickly, please register early! We look forward to seeing you, come join us for the fun.
REGISTER (October 15th, application form and $500 deposit due). December 1st (remainder of balance and rosters due)
The 2022 Western Mass Freeze-Out is almost full. Please contact our Tournament directors, Bill Soares and Katrina Jones at